Stockmer: my favorite beeswax crayon


One of my favorite painting materials is beeswax crayons of Stockmer.

I also use colored pencils and ink pens, I started to know that I feel most comfortable when I use crayons. 



The colors of these beeswax crayons are milder than ordinary paraffin wax crayons. Then don't smell bad at all, and have subtle aroma.


These days I started to choose color with my left hand ―it is said that our left hand is strongly connected to the right brain so using it helps us to access our feelings rather than thinking logically. I noticed that I can choose different types of colors that look fresh to me with my left hand. And interestingly, I feel that my brain get less tired when I use my left hand in painting.


It seems that beeswax crayons are slower to wear off than ordinary paraffine wax crayons. In the winter they may be harder than in the summer as beeswax gets harder at low temperature. If you want to paint in deep colors, you will need to put some muscle. At first, I put so much muscle and strained my fingers, but now I've learned to paint with minimum required pressure on them. 

Popular Posts