Cherry blossom viewing in Hanzan Sogo Undo Koen (Hanzan Sports Park)


It was the second time that I went to Hanzan Sogo Undo Koen (Hanzan Comprehensive Sports Park) in Marugame city in Kagarwa.

This park seems to be popular among localite as a cherry blossom viewing spot. This time I visited here in the late afternoon of a weekday, so it was not crowded. People seemed to be there with their loved ones ―a family member, a friend, or a dog. I haven't had a pet, but I can imagine that for some people pets are as important as (or sometimes more than) human friends.


I climbed up the hill, and saw an ancient burial mound. I felt someone was still there, so I joined my hands for prayer.


It was a fun time to eat homemade bread, looking up at cherry trees in full bloom.

Unfortunately, I was in light clothes and it was a bit chilly. I thought this was what the Japanese expression hanabie (a return of chilly weather during the cherry blossom season) means.

Popular Posts